Natasha and Maxim

Natasha and Maxim
Natasha 16 yrs and Maxim 12 yrs

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Our Provider Has Provided Abundantly!

I have been so amazed and overwhelmed of the outpouring of love that has been shown to me and my family. I have always been a taker, but so many people have shown an amazing gift of love to us. We have watched God's people sacrifice and show a level of selflessness that I have never known. We have watched people we don't even know give so selflessly. It is mind boggling to me. I want to be that kind of person. I want to give like so many have given to us.

 Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who have sacrificed your money, time , and things to help us bring these precious children home, whom God has ordained to be a part of our family.Only God could have multiplied that money, in this economy like He did. I know the world sees now that this was God's plan from the beginning. This could have never been accomplished apart from Him! God has provided more than we could ever ask or imagine, just like His word says He will. As of this weekend, we don't have the exact count , but we think that not only did He provide enough for our trip but also to finish paying the adoption fee to New Horizons and to finish giving God the tenth that He asks us to give to Him. Yes, we have given God His part of the money that has been given to us. This is not to brag by no means but to testify to God's abundance He gives when we follow Him. To begin with we never even thought about tithing on this money we received. After all it really didn't seem as thou it was ours because it went straight into an account for our adoption. Then one day I was reading a devotional sent to us by ShowHope, Steven Curtis Chapman's orphan ministry. I read of how God blessed this family so abundantly as they gave God a tenth as their adoption funds were raised. As I shared this with Brad we were both very convicted to do the same. This was really a step of faith for us as we new we had so much money to raise, but we did what we knew we were called to do and just look what God has done. I pray that everyone will see what an amazing God we serve. I have realized lately that I don't need to take a step on my own. It is always a disaster. I have realized all those times that I felt abandoned by God that it was really me who abandoned Him. I can never imagine what God has in store for our family through this adoption, but I know that is is huge and life changing, just like it has been so far. I know that it is a love that  my family has never known here on this earth, but just like the heavenly love that I have found in my Heavenly Father.  I knew before and had been shown by God through previous experience that the way to the Promised Land is through Him and that is why I followed blindly. He always proves so faithful. My Promised Land is just beginning and I can tell you that I left once and I never want to leave it again. Your Promised Land is not meant for you to wait till you get to Heaven. God wants you to live there here on earth. It takes giving up what you want each day and seeing what God has for you. Believe me, it is much better than anything I could have ever planned on my own. I was so scared. I had let Satan put so much fear in me. He still wants me to fear what lies ahead, but my God is going to win this one. However hard it may be, I have the one who loves me and cares about each part of my life and that makes all things be for good for those who are called according to His purpose. You can have Him too. I have always wanted to go on a mission trip and never felt like it was God's timing. God showed me the night that our mission team, that just returned from Honduras, spoke that this is my mission trip that I have always prayed for I new that I wanted to live my life telling others about the Lord and now I get that opportunity right in my home. Thank you, Lord!

I am sorry I haven't posted on my blog lately but I have been too busy to stop long enough. God has also been busy working on me. We will be leaving Sunday and we covet your prayers. They have definitely been felt thus far. I will update my blog while I am gone and let you know what is going on. Thank you so much ! Please keep praying! 

Oh, and one more thing. I beg you to host a child and change their life and yours. You do not have to adopt. That doesn't mean you want change your mind after you do it. It is a very tangible way to impact a life forever. Just show a child God's love, that they have more than likely never experienced. It will change their life and yours forever! Much of God's Love, The Spruells

No comments:

Post a Comment