Natasha and Maxim

Natasha and Maxim
Natasha 16 yrs and Maxim 12 yrs

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Beginning of Our Journey

I am so excited  to finally get to share the journey God has led us on. In the beginning the Lord first touched Brad's heart in a big way for these children who had no family to love and care for them. Me, I honestly was scared to death to even think about being able to give one of these children all they would possibly need. I've always felt like I could hardly give my own children what they needed much less anyone else. I fought it for awhile then realized truly how God could change my life if I just stepped out of my comfort zone. This is where I finally allowed the Lord to step in and take over. I will never forget the words of our youth minister one night say, "If you are out of your comfort zone, your probably right where God wants you to be." Well as uncomfortable as I was, going through this, I was so excited to know that I must be where God wants me. And as hard as this has been for me, my life has already been changed forever. I never want to turn back and miss all God wants to do in my family's life and all involved. Every fear that could possibly surface in me has, but how exciting it has been to see my Lord have victory in them. People would say," What will this do to your children?" Well we have found that this is part of God's plan in making them the man and lady of God he wants them to be. We already see how God is changing their lives also. He is molding us all to put put our minds on others and not ourselves. We have been praying for the Lord to give us new hearts like His. We are literally seeing our prayer answered right before our eyes. How awesome it is to be a part of God's amazing plan to change two children's lives and realize that our lives are being changed just as much if not more! How AWESOME our God truly is!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment